I have moved this blog to the new site at (1) www.KoonLip.com, where I continue to chronicle my life journey after 26, and (2) www.ForexAsiaAcademy.com, where you see my graduates LIVE results.

Forex Asia Academy 2009

If you are interested to find our more about me, Forex Trading or my Forex Asia Academy, let me welcome you to my complimentary Forex session. Please feel free to visit my corporate website to find out more. Get in touch with you real soon!

Thursday, January 3, 2008

First Trading day, first $100 oil barrel

The first trading day of 2008 brought about a short-lived higher open. A combination of economic data and rising commodities pushed the Dow to its first 200 points loss of 2008.

1. The weaker-than-expected Institute of Supply Management (ISM) data, along with rising crude and other factors, drove down the key indices by roughly 1.4% to 1.6%.

2. Crude oil prices briefly rocketed to $100 a barrel for the first time, reaching the $100 milestone due to global demand for oil and petroleum products.

The world is already changing! I would imagine the speculators are the biggest drivers of crude oil today, rather than the Turkish attack or falling crude oil inventories.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger