I have moved this blog to the new site at (1) www.KoonLip.com, where I continue to chronicle my life journey after 26, and (2) www.ForexAsiaAcademy.com, where you see my graduates LIVE results.

Forex Asia Academy 2009

If you are interested to find our more about me, Forex Trading or my Forex Asia Academy, let me welcome you to my complimentary Forex session. Please feel free to visit my corporate website to find out more. Get in touch with you real soon!

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Another Split WIN!


This time round, I profit from the stock splits of NOV (National-Oilwell Varco). I bought into it 'accidentally' on last Friday when I limit the price of $7.80 for the NOVJY (NOV Oct 145 Call). Despite the Ask price then was $8.40, it plunged to execute my trade at $7.80. And then, the call option closed at $5.50.

As always, stock splits will result in the stock price to rise on the execution date (which is Monday ET). I sold it off at $15.00, but the price continue to rally to around $16.00. (although the price rise shouldn't be this much!)


Great! Another stock split win - profit of $720 or 92.3%!!!

P/S: In case, you are wondering how come I claim only $720 profit instead of $950... The reason is the trading platform displayed a daily PnL (as mentioned, the option closed at $5.50 and I exited at $15.00) and hence a $950 closed PnL displayed.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger