I have moved this blog to the new site at (1) www.KoonLip.com, where I continue to chronicle my life journey after 26, and (2) www.ForexAsiaAcademy.com, where you see my graduates LIVE results.

Forex Asia Academy 2009

If you are interested to find our more about me, Forex Trading or my Forex Asia Academy, let me welcome you to my complimentary Forex session. Please feel free to visit my corporate website to find out more. Get in touch with you real soon!

Friday, September 14, 2007

First win on New Trading Platform

Recently, I found a trading platform called MB Trading that requires only $1 commission per contract (for options). I used to trade with (and still using) optionsXpress, but the commission is at least $14.95.

I just tried using MB Trading and managed to squeeze out my first win on this platform. Here's the details:

1. Underlying Stock: FMC, trading ~93.00
2. FMC's stock is spliting 2:1, payable on 13/9 and executing on 14/9.
3. Buy to Open @ 93.06 and Sell to Close @ 93.57
4. I bought FMC Oct 90 Call at 5.30 and sold at 5.70: 7.5% profit in 42 minutes.



Typically, if I trade only 1 contract with gross profit $40 (based on the same trade), I will only make $10.10 (= $40 - 2 comm x $14.95). But now, with MB Trading, I can make $38 (commission summed up to only $2). So if you are a new options trader and trade small number of contracts, it's good to use MB Trading. Otherwise, optionsXpress is excellent for big time traders.



ps: Please note MB Trading doesn't support options spread (MB Trading is incorporating the spreads within 2 to 3 months). Anyway, the spread order (up to 4 legs) optionsXpress also costs only $14.95, so it's not too bad and OX has excellent trading infrastructure.

pps: When I trade, I usually look into the ROI percentage rather than the absolute amount. You may not think $40 is any great; but if you see 7.5% return in 42 minutes, you'll know what I mean!

ppps: Imagine you are buying stock of FMC @ 93.06 and selling it @ 93.57, your ROI is only 0.5% compared to 7.5% through trading options. You do the math.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger